Did you know Your Life Travel Club began right here in Jacksonville, FL. While most people don't generally travel to Jacksonville, FL unless they have family here, they should. Jacksonville has a rich and exciting history. Jacksonville is the largest city in the United States of America by land. We have over 840 miles of land here in Jacksonville. With so much land, there a lot to be discovered and see.
Let's dive in to the wonders that is our city.
1. We are home to the Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens. Yes, you can see animals anywhere but in Jacksonville, the workers at the zoo are like family. The love and respect they show for one another is shown to the animals too.
2. Visit the historic Kingsley Plantation. The Kingsley Plantation was a slave plantation here in the south. This property has been in the Kingsley family name since 1814 when it was leased to Zephaniah Kingsley. He later purchased the property in 1817 from John McIntosh.
3. Visit the M.O.S.H. We just love the M.O.S.H. It is the Museum of Science and History. Every month they have new exhibits to see and explore. This fun museum is definitely one for the books.
4. Visit the shops in the St. Johns Town Center. The St. Johns Town Center has a list of great restaurants, nail salons, and high end stores to explore. Even if you are not looking to spend any more, the Town Center is wonderful to walk around, especially at night.
5. Go to the Jacksonville Beach. Jax Beach may not be the nicest beach around but it sure is beautiful to see. The streets of the beach are lined up with older style homes. Locals enjoy bike riding during the day and bar hopping at night. Jax beach is the place to go if you're looking to be social.
As locals here, those are our top five recommendations, not in any particular order. So, what are you waiting for? Visit Jacksonville, Florida and live your best life.